Saturday, June 19, 2010

Preview Magazine criticize by foreign watch cats on a Alexander Mcqueen rip off cover

Okey, after browsing some fanpages in facebook I track upon on a forum bashing on the latest cover of Preview Magazine. It is in the TheFasshionSpot.com forum. 

Weeks before this issue came out, I already have an idea that Preview will take a lead on having tribute of the late Alexander McQueen. Now the time comes and preview fans (such as myself) grab a copy of this fashion bible. As I scan and read through the pages, I must say that the current issue, June 2010 is there best by far in terms of fashion statement, fashion reports 101, beauty and health area, latest gossip and all that jazz. And the premier of Preview Men envelope the aesthetic of a  bold and provocative fashion magazine.  

But just so you know, the tribute of McQueen was a 'shameless, embarassing knock-off' to some other foreign fashion cats. Some of their comments I find it very offensive but behind their messages tells a story of what really conspires the message: Truth Hurts. And yes, I definitely understood and balance the momentum of both the critiques and preview mag team.

Here are some of the comments from other foreign cats:

^it's not McQueen, it's a cheap rip off - Chanelcouture09, England

i don't get the dress - diorrnottwarr, Boston

the idea was good but the knockoff factor and some of the fonts leave it wanting - Urban Stylin, Africa

People bitch and moan about how bad Vogue Taiwan is, but not a word about how atrocious this magazine is? LOL. God damn what a cheap looking magazine. - Blueorchid, Canada


I don't like it! The dress looks like if it was photoshoped - Lizzy.P, Spain


LOL this is hilarious. It says "Tribute to McQueen" but they put a McQueen rip-off in the cover. Hahaha.. - Bengt

Comments from Pinoys:

I don't like it. But I love Georgina and she looks pretty good. No actual McQueen pieces are featured inside. This cover could've been way better. - GioDion


I love Georgina, but I don't like the cover. And that McQueen knockoff is sooo embarrassing. Preview's getting boring for me. Their content isn't as great as before. - electrichearts

I'm sorry I can no longer contain myself. I really have A LOT of things to say about this cover.

I don't have anything against Georgina Wilson but this magazine cover
SCREAMS FASHION RIP OFF!

First:
I find her pose highly generic! The photo looks like a far 5th copy of an editorial/feature from Elle.

*Although, I don't even think any recognized international magazine would have something as ugly and generic as this.


Second:
Her GENERIC hair and make-up makes her look like a bigger version of Raquel Zimmerman.

Third:
The color scheme and cover lines are always too playful, tacky, repetitive and uncreative! Everything about it just screams attention!

Fourth:
That God Damn Dress!!!

seriously? You think this is a "way" of showcasing a tribute? Preview is just cost cutting and just instructing a backwater "designer" to rip a certain designer off from their designs because they don't want to spend money to save their worthless name.


Has anyone bumped their head and forgot about "Balmain" for Maricel Soriano?


Moreover!!! I think I should stop... because honestly,
WHO EVEN BUYS THIS TRASH?!?!?!    - ILoveMissJKO

Just like what I said, I understood why they rant like this and also for Preview Magazine to keep up their worth as a Best-selling Fashion Magazine in the country.

Who knows, some might read this from Alexander McQueen Team and lend you a real McQueen extraordinary pieces! :-)

for those who cant catch it yet, here's the Preview June Cover
and here's another lay-out by Joshua Abapo in a real McQueen dress on the cover using the same cover letters of Preview minus the Georgina Wilson name. The model is FREJA
Time for your Judgement guys! Who's the Best cover?

comment source: The Fashion Spot

3 comments:

  1. I seriously think Preview should stop making designer-inspired covers/features. If they wanted to do a tribute to the late McQueen, they should've made Wilson wear original McQueen pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love preview but the tribute to mcqueen fash ed was a total rip off. especially that cary santiago print dress and the one that michael cinco did.. wa ko kauyon ti.. and i definitely love the Freja cover than Georgina's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. joshua abapo's work are definitely better than the original one! realize the fact that not all in that industry has the great creativity. they should get up joshua abapo and made their top staff ever!!!;))

    --maj_732317

    ReplyDelete