Saturday, April 23, 2011

A counterfeit originality?

I believe that in the sense of this new generation, Originality is rarely accomplished. We as rational beings have our own dynamics of creativity. Function as the movers of our minds that creates a simple idea into something audacious innovation.

Recently, I chance upon on viewing the blog of Chuvaness and reading each entry. While blithely scanning, I awed to this particular campaign of Plains and Prints. Awed in a sense of mixed emotions. Astonished for having a delightful collections for summer and stunned on the Ad campaign itself. I am intimidated on how this ad came about. Because I personally confide that P&P's Summer 2011 ad is most likely the same of Louis Vuittons Spring/Summer 2010 Ad Campaign.












































































Can you figure out the similarities? The Model lying on the ground showcasing the Brand. And most of all the summery green plants involved that made this ad neck to neck carbon copy minus the Pigeons.

There's this editorial shot of Preview Magazine that tickled my meticulous manner. A mostly duplicate of posing from international shoot. A facsimile of how to model 101. Now I completely drawn by this so called ''Inspiration."














































Preview Magazine March 2011 issue. Georgina Wilson on this 'imitation-like pose' of Jennifer Lopez's Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2003 Ad Campaign.












































This last photo blew me away! An archetype of  Naomi Campbell's Interview Magazine editorial October 2010. If this was a handbag, I probably say these photos are counterfeit! A replica of creativity. An imitation of ingenuity.

I know some may raised their eyebrows for this but let me say this is out of my opinions and judgements. The bottomline for this is, Creativity an ability to produce something new through imaginative skill, whether a new solution to a problem, a new method or device, or a new artistic has gone down its worth. People in the creative media are as inventive, as resourceful, and as visionary on their field. But some may misconstrued their being 'creative' into something inspiring for a particular idea and ended up ripping off someone else's concept. 

We must raise the bar of originality. Breaking the usual traditions. And together make a flawless sense of uncorrupted fresh absolute original ideas.

And for this, I rest my case. Bow.

1 comment:

  1. i like this post. just goes to show filipino readers are becoming more intelligent. can't comment on the issue though because i interned for preview before. but kudos to your keen and observant eye.

    nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete